Sunday, January 8, 2012
Sunday, January 2, 2011
1. Enjoy my life more. I know it sounds so cheesy but I need to learn how to stop stressing out about every little thing. It doesn't solve anything and it makes me crazy. So if I can do this, I will be happier and so will my boys!
2. Take more pictures. The first year of my son's life I had taken at least three pictures a day of him. At least! But now, I'm lucky if I remembered to charge my battery. I feel horrible about that. His second and third year scrapbook are going to have very few pictures :(
3. Keep my house organized. I don't think my house is messy, it's lived in. I have a three year old who has yet to master the skill of playing with toys and then CLEANING THEM UP BEFORE playing with another toy. I'm working on that, him not so much! With work and school and a family I tend to let things pile up throughout the week and spend Saturday morning cleaning. If I can dedicate 15-30 minutes a day to keeping up with the house my Saturday morning cleaning will be cut in half which leads me to...
4. Make more time for scrapbooking and other crafty projects. I miss the time where I could put my son down for a nap and I could be creative for at least two hours A DAY! That hasn't happened since I went back to work full time and then started school again. My naptime freetime is now used for cleaning, homework, or taking a nap myself!
5. Blogging more. I love to blog hop and look at other crafty blogs so that's why I started my blog. Plus I was hoping it would get me motivated to do more projects. So if I can keep on with goals 3 and 4 I should be able to keep up with my blog!
So those are my top 5 and they seem easy enough to handle, but we shall see! I hope 2011 brings you and your family good health, good luck, and great memories!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
SNOWMANMALLOWS...OMG just perfect for Snowman Soup right? Right! So I bought a package, okay 2. Once I got home I ate a few then started putting some into little ziploc baggies. I added white filler paper to the mugs, then hot chocolate and marshmallows. Then I realized I didn't buy candy canes! It was all the SnowmanMallows fault. They had me all excited that I just plain forgot about candy canes! So off I go to Walgreens. While in Walgreens I see chocolate covered marshmallow snowmen and just needed to have 'em for my Snowman Soup. Don't worry, this time I didn't forget the candy canes. Once I returned home I added a chocolate covered marshmallow snowman and 2 candy canes to the mug! So very cute!
I wrapped it up in clear cellophane, added some curling ribbon, and a tag with the Snowman Soup poem.
I cannot find the poem anywhere on my computer but I'm sure if you google "Snowman Soup," you can find it very quickly! Sorry :(
Monday, November 8, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
My son's THIRD birthday (OMG, where did time go?) was in October. We decided on a Toy Story theme back in April or May and I had been stocking up on party favors since then. I wanted a cute goody bag but couldn't think of anything. One day as I was looking through two totes of random birthday party stuff from previous birthdays, I came across two packs of lime green party bags left over from his first birthday. That's when I came up with this:
The eyes were cut from my cricut and the mouth and ears were freehand! The purple bottom was cut to fit then I traced a semi circle and cut it out. I wish my cricut could've done all the work but all the work was well worth it!
These were all the goodies in the bags. It was all super cheap (just the way I LOVE it!) and when I need about 20 goody bags it needs to be cheap! The books, bubble necklaces, crazy straw, and chalk were from Target all on clearance. The book and bubbles were 25 cents each, the straws were a 12 pack for 10 cents (I love when dollar spot clearance is 90% and there is actually good stuff left!!), and the chalk was a 36 pack but I don't remember how much (super cheap though!). The frisbee was 10 cents @ Party City and the sticker was from a 24 pack found @ Wal-Mart for $1.50. The Toy Story candies and Cheez-It's were also found at Wal-Mart. The fun dip was a 10 pack for $1.00, the other candy was a 12-14 pack for $1.00, and the Cheez-It's were a little less than $3.00 for 12 packs!
Friday, September 3, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Mickey Mouse Centerpiece
Minnie Mouse Centerpiece
(Missing her name! Not sure where it went!)
Donald Duck Centerpiece
Party favor all put together. I used clear bags from Target (20 for $1.99.) Red cardstock dry embossed with tiny dots and then the Mickey shape from the fonts cartridge. Oh and the filler paper was found at Michaels on clearance...wish I bought 20 bags of it instead of just 2! What was I thinking?